- The competition is open to all WIL and WIL supporters.
- The theme is equality, empowerment, inspiration and light.
- Please make your design inspiring, creative and bold.
- Your design can be a drawing/text/photo…
- Designs are for front of the T-shirt only.
- Your design can either go onto a white or a dark background - please select when you upload.
- Please submit your design via the WIL website.
- Only upload the design that would go onto the T-shirt.
- Please format your artwork as per the instructions below:
Make sure your images are high resolution (between 200dpi and 300dpi). For best results use PNG24 images around 2500 pixels by 3500 pixels (saved in sRGB colour space) up to a maximum of 4000 pixels by 4000 pixels.
Save your files as PNG24 with transparent backgrounds, so they will print nicely.
Colours may vary a little from on screen. Neon colours won’t be as vibrant. Teemill uses digital printing, hence Pantone colours cannot be 100% matched.
If you upload a design, you must have obtained all relevant rights or permissions as per the T&Cs. Ideally it should be an original drawing, statement or photograph.
Make sure your lines are at least 2mm wide. Microscopic text or hair-width lines may not resolve or may appear broken.
- transparent png
- sRGB colour
- 2500 to 4000 px in length/width
- no superfine lines
Terms & Conditions
- The Competition is to design a T-shirt for the Women In Lighting (WIL) Competition.
- The Competition will run from 17th August until midnight (GMT) on 30th September 2020.
- The judges will select 5 Winners from all eligible entries received. Shortlisted entries will be submitted to the judging panel anonymously and the decision of the panel of judges will be final.
- The Competition Winners will be announced on Wednesday 7th October. The Winners will also be notified by e-mail.
- The 5 Winners will receive 5 samples of their T-shirt in sizes of their choice, the design will be shared on websites and on social media and will be available to be given away (gifted) or sold to other WIL supporters.
- The Competition Winners agree that their winning entries may be subject to alterations or adjustments by WIL in order to ensure practicality of use. We will try ensure that entrants are happy with any changes that are required.
- Winning designs will be subtly branded on the back with the logo of WIL and logos of the WIL team.
- Entrants must enter their details fully on the registration form.
- Multiple entries are allowed and can be from individuals or teams.
- Submission of entry will be taken to mean acceptance by the entrant, of the Competition’s terms and conditions herein.
- The technical details of your entry – size, resolution, colour, etc need to follow the guidelines given and Winners will get to see a mock up of their design prior to printing.
- Your entry must contain original images. In the event that you submit an entry with content from others, you must evidence that you have permission to use such content in your entry.
- Your entry must not infringe the copyright of any third party or aws.
- The copyright for the artwork remains with the entrant. However, in producing the artwork, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to WIL and/or WIL founders allowing full reproduction rights to use the artwork in exhibitions, videos, websites (including but not limited to those of WIL Media Partners & Supporters, Teemill, Light Collective, formalighting and Archifos) or any other format or publicity relating to WIL.
- WIL reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice.
- WIL’s decision on any aspect of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- WIL shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense suffered by any entrant or the Winners in relation to the Competition. WIL will also not be responsible or liable for any further expenses or fees incurred by the Winner.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical reason. Proof of submission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Each entrant agrees to the use of his/her image in any publicity material and each Winner agrees to their name being made publicly available.