Terms & Conditions
- The Awards are to celebrate achievements of the Women In Lighting (WIL) community and its many supporters.
- Nominations will be open from 8th March until midnight (GMT) on 30th April 2022.
- We welcome nominations from all genders and gender identities.
- Members of the WIL team may not be nominated for the Awards.
- Members of the Jury Panel may nominate but will refrain from judging that nominee.
- The same person may be nominated in more than one category.
- The same person may be nominated in one category only once. Repeated nominations will be removed.
- The jury will select 6 × Favourites from all eligible entries received. A scoring system will be used to determine Favourites and the decision of the panel of jury will be final. This will include 2 x entrants from each category.
- The 6 × Favourites need to be available for a video interview with the WIL organisers that will be recorded and added to the WIL website.
- The Favourites will be announced in June - date tbc. The Favourites will also be notified by e-mail.
- The 6 × Favourites will receive a trophy and a WIL T-shirt in a size of their choice.
- Nominators must enter their details and the details of the Nominee fully on the registration form.
- A Nominator may upload multiple entries.
- Submission of entry will be taken to mean acceptance by the Nominator, of the Awards terms and conditions herein.
- Your entry image/s must not infringe the copyright of any third party or laws.
- Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to WIL and/or WIL founders allowing full reproduction rights to use the image in exhibitions, videos, websites (including but not limited to those of WIL Media Partners & Supporters, Light Collective, formalighting and Archifos) or any other format or publicity relating to WIL.
- WIL reserves the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the Awards and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice.
- WIL’s decision on any aspect of the Awards is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- WIL shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense suffered by any Nominator or the Favourite in relation to the Awards. WIL will also not be responsible or liable for any further expenses or fees incurred by the Nominator or Nominee.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical reason. Proof of submission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Each Nominator agrees to the use of his/her information in any publicity material and each Nominee agrees to their name and image being made publicly available if notified in advance. If not notified in advance, WIL will contact them directly.
“Women in Lighting is a fantastic educational platform. I have discovered an incredible amount of talented and important female figures that are featured across the WIL awards, and throughout the WIL initiative in general. It is such a great space for representation and source to educate myself on the work a lot of these women of light, and their male supporters, are producing.”
Sarah Cullen, WIL Awards Panelist