Purpose of Collecting and Keeping Personal Data
- Women in Lighting (WIL) will use personal data collected from you for the purposes for which it was collected.
- WIL may use your personal data (including your name, job title, company name, contact details such as email and other information collected in your profile such as the event(s) or programmes you participated in or wish to participate in, the areas of interest you indicated, reviews, feedback and opinions and any other personal data you choose to provide to us etc.) for one or more of the following purposes including, but not limited to:
- the provision of services for events, programs and volunteers through this Website, management and communications purposes including surveys, feedback collection and research whether via electronic mail, etc.
- the provision of updates and direct marketing (via email or other means of communication including social media online, or e-newsletters) in relation to our programs, research, courses, volunteer opportunities, workshops and events, opportunities for sponsorship, networking, advocacy campaigns, opinion sharing, news updates, information and other related services or benefits provided by WIL and/or other partners or organisations.
Privacy of personal data and disclosure
- Your personal data will be kept strictly confidential and securely kept.
- WIL will not divulge, sell, trade or rent personal data to external parties for their own purpose.
- However, WIL may disclose or transfer such personal data where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the above purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected, to any third party under a duty of confidentiality to WIL.
Access and correction of personal data
- You are entitled to request access to and correct your personal data held by WIL, and request us to cease to use of your personal data at any time without charge.
- You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communications or contacting WIL at [email protected] with your full name and contact details.
- If you are in a EU Member State, you have the right, subject to certain limitations or restrictions, under the data protection laws in the EU to:
- request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of your personal data; and
- the right to data portability.
Individuals in the EU also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal data with their local data protection authority.
- Data access or correction requests should be addressed to us in writing to: [email protected]