2020 WIL Activities
20 May 2020 // Activities
It’s a difficult time for planning and most of the WIL plans for 2020 have been put on hold but along with our sponsor formalighting, we will do our best to keep the network moving.
Some of the network have put forward things/ideas they would like to develop. Here is a list. If anyone is interested, please get in touch.
- Creating a green policy that we can work on together.
- Finding a way to share information about internships internationally.
- Creating a moodboard of light from all the countries represented.
- Translating posts into your language.
- Linking up to charity projects.
We really hope that everyone is safe and that the world is able to return to normal soon.
Dismantle the Default
Wed, 20th May, 4pm BST
The Women In Lighting Project hosts an Oubaitori session with eight women from the Society of Light & Lighting and the Institution of Lighting Professionals sharing their stories.
International Day of Light
Sat, 16th May, noon wherever you are
Join our next social media challenge!
- Take a photo of the sky above at midday on May 16th
- Add your location on the comments
- Post on Social Media using our hashtag #WILunderthesamesky, the official #IDL2020 hashtag and tag @womeninlighting. You can also add some of the other tags:
The first partnership between WIL Brazil and WIL Mexico
Sat, 16th May
Our WIL ambassadors Paula and Magali hosted an online meeting to engage WIL from both countries and to share a moment on the International Day of Light.
Friday 8th May, 1pm BST
Our first R.A.W TALKS live chat with the R.A.W Series Bloggers: Dipali Shirsat and Martina Frattura, moderated by Katia Kolovea.
Light + Building 2020
Note: Light + Building 2020 has been cancelled.
Both the WIL team and our sponsor and host formalighting are really disappointed not to be able to meet with those of you who would have been attending and will share new plans soon. Instead, we plan a new social media challenge for International Women’s Day 2020. Please share the plans and join in on the day.